The Obama administration’s controversial birth control mandate is meeting stiff opposition as religious organization and employers begin the long, arduous, and expensive task of fighting his social architecture it in court. On Thursday, March 1, 2012, speaking on behalf of the Obama administration, Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius took questions from the House Energy and Commerce subcommittee on Health about the mandate.
Sebelius: “The reduction in the number of pregnancies compensates for the cost of contraception.”
Murphy: “So you are saying, by not having babies, we are going to save money on health care?”
Sebelius: “Providing contraception is a critical preventative health benefit for women and their children.”
Murphy: “Not having babies is a critical benefit?”
Sebelius: “Family planning is a critical health benefit in this country, according to the Institute of Medicine.”
To their credit, House Republicans pointed out that insurance carriers would already offer free contraception if it was cost-effective, however, there are many aspects to this mandate that violate the Constitutional rights of every American citizen subject to its promulgation.
- Birth control medication present long-term risks to the health of women, even while using them under doctor supervision. They cause life-threatening blood clots, various cancers, and sterilization; still you insist these are “critical preventative health care benefits for women?”
- The Institute of Medicine can agree that every person who is alive today was once the result of two cells merging together as one. Technically, a tadpole is not a frog and a caterpillar is not a butterfly, but if you start killing tadpoles and caterpillars, frogs and butterflies become extinct. Doesn’t this equate to government sponsored population control?
- President Barack Obama berates business and Wall Street for putting the “almighty dollar” before “fairness”. Yet, by your own admission, Ms. Sebelius, the birth control mandate is geared around a reduction in American posterity to save money. Further, while you are “supposedly” saving money on health care by decreasing the population you are increasing the tax burden of the national debt on every American citizen.
- Cultures are learned and passed on by posterity. Over the years, granting amnesty to illegals without teaching them the culture has led to a significant cultural change in America. Do you, or this administration, have such a problem with American posterity that you feel it necessary to begin socially engineering cultural changes?
- Lets be clear, Ms. Sebelius, established religions have taught procreation for over 5,000 years, far longer than America has existed. By forcing religious laity to pay for the contraception of others, isn’t this administration usurping an established religious teaching? Aren’t you sending a message to religious parishioners that their basic beliefs mean nothing?
Death, Enslavement, & The Pursuit Of Power
Unlike Thomas Jefferson, who declared life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness as inalienable rights, the Obama administration declares death to American posterity and promises enslavement to a government in pursuits of power.
Contrary to the Obama administration’s rhetoric:
- Rational Americans do not support government-funded birth control, abortion, euthanasia, eugenics, or genocide.
- Rational Americans do not support the murder or imprisonment of people for consensual private sex practices.
- Rational Americans do not support the banning of contraceptives.
- Rational Americans do not support, somehow, forcing a woman to bear a child against her will.
These are irrational talking points and fanatical narratives of social engineers trying to convince Americans into trading their Constitutional freedoms for government controlled benefits.
Make no mistake about it, the Obama administration has launched an all out assault on the religious clergy who have dared to promote and inspire the rise of the pro-life movement in America. Religious leaders, representing many faiths and denominations, have met with the White House only to have their religious views declared archaic and out-of-touch by an extremely powerful government entity.
Who is archaic and “out-of-touch”? Is it the religious clergy and laity, who want nothing to do with funding contraceptives, or the Obama administration, who is demanding that all Americans fund contraception whether it be through a decrease in American posterity or an increase in insurance premiums?
Who is dictating morality to America? Is it the religious clergy and laity, who must go through the entire legislative process to get a single law passed, or the Obama administration, who, single-handedly, bypassed every Congressional representative to enact this mandate?
Who is upholding American freedom? Is it the religious clergy and laity, who decided on their own to follow the peaceful teachings of their respective religions, or Barack Obama, who decided to force his beliefs on Americans under penalty of law?
Clearly, President Barack Obama and Democrats have no problem violating their own propaganda. Instead of maintaining separation of Church and State, they are attempting to merge them by invalidating established religious teachings for government law. They have crossed a line by attempting to silence the religious teachings of clergy and declaring that they (Democrats) speak for the laity against the very religions we, as Americans, have chosen to practice.
Wake up America. If you can not even maintain your rights to speak, write, and worship freely, without interference from the government, then you might as well look to China for your role model. In 2002, the Chinese government declared the entire nation atheist and, as a result, nationalized it’s populace. It does not allow public religious practice nor does it allow Chinese citizens to speak out or write against government policies without retribution. In a very real sense, Chinese citizens are the property of their own government and the political elite of this country have a very real fascination with China’s control over it’s population.
If Americans give their politicians the opportunity to unravel the United States Constitution through social architecture, they will do it and the rights and freedoms that the American people have, under their Creator, will become nothing more than rights and freedoms bestowed by the Federal government.
Be careful what you ask for or you just might get it… in spades.