News reports are coming out that House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi is holding back information on Newt Gingrich that could potentially damage his presidential run.
An interview with Talking Points Memo quoted Pelosi as saying, “One of these days we’ll have a talk about Newt Gingrich,” and hinted that she would divulge information collected about Gingrich during House ethics violation investigations. Mrs. Pelosi served on the House Ethics Committee that spent an entire year investigating Mr. Gingrich in the late 1990s. Congressional Democrats filed a total of eighty-four ethics violation charges against, then, Speaker Gingrich including tax evasion and campaign finance violations.
What you are unlikely to hear is that the House Ethics Committee cleared Mr. Gingrich of eighty-three out of eighty-four charges brought against him or how he forced Bill Clinton to balance the federal budget. Instead, Minority Leader Pelosi would like you to pay much closer attention to the comprehensive report of the House Ethics Committee. A report that she and her cohorts had a hand in writing and has been public record now for years.
Is she serious or has she gone delusional on us again?
First, lets take a moment to review the public record of Mrs. Pelosi’s activities in Congress shall we?
- As Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi neglected her job to balance or even address the federal budget. All financial legislation must start in the House of Representatives and for two years, under her watch, the House took NO initiative to even discuss the budget or the national debt.
- As Speaker of the House, Nancy Pelosi insisted on passing the Patient Protection and Affordable Health Care Act of 2009 before knowing, exactly, what the legislation entailed. Now that Obama-care is law, more than half the States in the Union are awaiting a Supreme Court decision on its Constitutionality. It has contributed to the unemployment situation, since employers have absolutely no idea how the legislation will affect their employment costs. It has caused insurance rates to increase, not decrease as promoted, and funded a massive bureaucracy while omitting funding for important medical research.
- As Minority Leader of the House, Nancy Pelosi is infamous for excessive government spending. She consistently opposes any attempts to reform entitlements, balance the federal budget, or tackle the massive debt the United States has accumulated through curbing expenditures. Instead, much like an irresponsible debtor or a person addicted to shopping, Pelosi continually encourages costly spending projects in Congress by either charging the tax-payer and/or adding more debt to the nation’s credit.
- As Minority Leader of the House, Nancy Pelosi spends a lot of her time characterizing her Republican counterparts as inhumane, uncaring enemies of the American people. This woman viciously attacked citizens of the TEA parties who peacefully, legally, and respectfully gathered together to air their grievances to the government and went home, yet, she applauds the efforts of the Occupy movements that have unlawfully gathered in encampments, produced civil unrest and discord, and cost the cities they’ve chosen to occupy millions in clean up, law enforcement, and damages.
- As a member of Congress, Nancy Pelosi is one of many politicians who became extremely wealthy by using information in closed Congressional sessions to her financial benefit. Pelosi, who claims to hate Wall Street, made millions by abusing her exemption from normal insider trading rules.
- As a Catholic, Nancy Pelosi ignores the teachings of her own professed religion by advocating the practice of abortion and sexual freedom through distributing tax-payer subsidized contraceptives. Her public views on marriage contradict the Catholic teachings of marriage being a Sacrament between a man, a woman, and God.
- As a Catholic, Nancy Pelosi voted to have religious displays removed from government buildings, court rooms, public schools, and other institutions funded by the federal government. She has assisted in turning the first amendment right of “freedom of religion” to “freedom from religion” and joined atheist causes aimed at secularizing the public.
This woman epitomizes: dereliction of duty, poor judgment, fiscal irresponsibility, anger management issues, abuse of power, immoral advocacy, bigotry, blind hatred, and hypocrisy.
Big heads up Nancy! People who are wary of Gingrich are wary of him because of he has had to deal with the likes of YOU, your progressive caucus, and your media lapdogs. Face it Nancy, you are genuinely frightened of Newt Gingrich because he is smart enough to deconstruct unnecessary government bureaucracy and reform entitlement through incentives rather than pulling the rug, that people like YOU laid, out from under people. He will not be the cause of more civil uprisings by hurting people who innocently believed that the government had their best interests at heart and that hurts your progressive caucus’ chances at regaining an already lost presidency in 2016. He understands the vital role of government regulation and, at the same time, recognizes the harm over-regulation causes the country.
Unlike progressives, conservatives are not looking for a messianic figure to lead the Republican party agenda into the next age, nor are they are not looking for the solution to the next crisis that might present itself. Instead, they are looking to elect a person to the presidency, as well as people to Congress who will work with him/her, to reverse the damage that politicians like Nancy Pelosi have done to this country.
So, Nancy, bring out the Pelosi files on Gingrich, Paul, Bachmann, Perry, and Santorum… read us your fabricated fairy tales, show us your best video edits, and prepare for another “shellacking” in 2012.