What in the heck is going on in the minds of Democrats these days?
You would think that the 2010 mid-term election results would have been a sign that people are not happy with the way the Democrats have steered this country. From the refusal to admit the Affordable Health Care Act of 2009 is CRAP that needs repealed, to the ongoing racial and economic warfare that the Party continually promotes; less and less Americans are buying what the Democratic party has to sell.
During the 2008 elections, Americans voted for a man who spoke to them of “hope and change”, government transparency, affordable health care, an aggressive plan for Afghanistan to destroy the Taliban and al-Qaeda (our REAL enemies), the closure of Guantanamo Bay, the promise of fiscal restraints that the Bush administration lacked, and MOST IMPORTANTLY to uphold the Constitution of the United States of America.
Below is a list of Democrat accomplishments since 2008:
- Democrats passed the The Affordable Health Care Act of 2009. A legal atrocity that never should have gotten out of committee. This massive 2000+ piece of garbage has already begun to cause insurance rates to rise in the private sector and make it difficult for employers to forecast employment costs. More than half of the States in the Union are trying to have this law repealed on Constitutional grounds by the U.S. courts and its constituency approval rating keeps dropping as people find out that Obamacare is a pile of CRAP.
- Democrats accused George W. Bush of engaging in an illegal war with Iraq and acted as is if they were tricked into signing a resolution to go to war with Iraq and remove Saddam Hussein from power. Now, President Obama has us engaged in an unsanctioned war with Libya. He has no Congressional resolution, no Congressional permission to use our military forces, yet, the stated goal of the Libyan conflict is “regime change”.
- In 2008, President Obama insisted that Iraq was a waste of time and money. He went on to iterate that we should be in Afghanistan going after al-Qaeda and the Taliban. But Osama Bin Laden was found and killed in Pakistan and almost the entire SEAL team responsible was recently killed by a ground to air strike from the Taliban in Afghanistan. Today, al-Qaeda and the Taliban present as much of a threat to American interests as they did before this president took office.
- Democrats took an international terrorist from Guantanamo Bay to a Federal U.S. court for trial. For their trouble, they were publicly embarrassed by their own ignorance. Not only did they find out that the U.S. court system is not setup to handle international terrorist trials, but they found that no other State in the Union, or country in the world, wanted these people populating their own prisons. To this day, Guantanamo Bay is open for business.
- Democrats passed two stimulus packages containing billions of dollars for “shovel ready jobs” and the promise of an unemployment rate of 8% or less. When this did not happen, Democrats asked Americans to use their “imaginations” to picture all the jobs that their little spending sprees saved.
- The United States has experienced downgrades from many credit rating agencies around the world, Standard and Poor’s was just the most recent and the most damaging so far. Ironically, Democrats blamed S&P for an accounting error, then it blamed the previous administration, then the TEA party, then the Republicans, the businesses, and then back to the ole “tax the rich” slogan. While Democrats are busy pointing fingers and asking for more revenue, Republicans have admitted that they are to blame and are trying to come up with ways to cut their spending habits at the TEA party’s request. The TEA party is not ignorant, it just refuses to put its children in the place that earlier generations put the TEA party in.
- Democrats these days stand firmly behind the right of marriage to homosexuals, to declare their sexual orientation while serving in the military, as well as recognition of homosexual achievements. I foresee a push by Democrats for legalizing polygamy in the near future.
- Democrats these days stand firmly behind funding clinics that perform abortions. While President Obama signed an executive order prohibiting tax dollars from funding abortions, his executive offices have been busy behind the scenes. Recently, several States have taken it upon themselves to enforce the “no abortion with tax dollars” law, refusing to give Medicaid money to clinics that offer abortions as a “side service”, due to the obvious conflict of interest it presents. As a result, these States suffered threats by the executive branch of the federal government to deny all Medicaid funding to any State that specifically excluded abortion clinics from receiving it.
- Democrats are all for alternative fuel sources, requiring costly infrastructure changes for unmarketable (and sometimes dangerous) products. Take the light bulb: the energy-efficient mercury filled light bulbs are toxic and damn near impossible to clean up when broken on ANY surface. Further, there is no infrastructure to deal with the waste of these toxic bulbs that will eventually wind up in landfills leading to “God knows what”. Democrats funded the manufacturing of electric vehicles that are extremely expensive, have no infrastructure, and no market appeal. Democrats pushed for ethanol (corn) as an alternative to gasoline, as a result, corn prices are skyrocketing and people are losing food.
- Democrats, President Barack Obama in particular, stopped American companies from drilling for oil in the Gulf Of Mexico due to the BP oil spill. The lesson learned? Punish all companies for the irresponsible actions of ONE. What was really shocking was the deep water drilling ban was found by the courts as an over reach of power by the Interior Department. Even more shocking was the contempt charge that was laid on the Interior Department months after a Federal judge ordered them to resume granting oil drilling permits. This did nothing but increase our dependence on foreign oil because domestic production stopped.
- Democrats clearly support illegal immigration to this country. They have demonstrated this by trying to pass the DREAM Act in several forms and by refusing to enforce the immigration laws of this country. Democrats have demonized States that have tried to enact laws to protect American citizens over illegals. Hillary Clinton, in unison with the Department of Justice, cited Arizona (even though it broke no federal laws) as a human right violator in a report to the United Nations.
- Democrats want more revenue and they have a list of people they want to take it from. They are on a 24 hour, non-stop, rant about tax increases on the wealthy that THEY could not pass with a super majority of Democrats in Congress. Just before the 111th Congress session retired, the Senate took 2 votes: 1) Barack Obama’s tax increase on $200/$250+ thousand dollar incomes and 2) Charles Schumer’s tax increase on $1+ million dollar incomes only. Neither bill passed the Senate while Democrats enjoyed an unstoppable super majority in the Senate… and they claim that Republicans are the liars?
- Democrats have propagated questionable scientific theories, such as man-made global warming, which is a complete 360° turn from the same questionable scientific theories of “global cooling and warnings of a new ice age” in the 1980s. This is nothing more than another fabricated crisis based on incomplete scientific data specifically designed to generate a demand for carbon credits; a program will make certain people extremely wealthy at the cost of losing more jobs in the United States.
Democrats mocked House Republicans and TEA party freshmen for reading the United States Constitution, out loud, on the floor before the 112th session of Congress began. Democrats used the media to portray the TEA party, which includes many of my own friends and family, as racists, radicals, extremists, and homophobes who hide behind their God and their guns. Democrats demand that the rhetoric against them be “toned-down” while refusing to discuss “toning-down” their own rhetoric. Democrats deny that social security is bankrupt or that entitlements need reformed. Democrats failed to balance the federal budget for 2 years (’08 and ’09) and resisted balancing it in 2010. Democrats have problems with laws requiring people to show identification when voting. Democrats encourage the unregulated welfare and government housing that wind up being the “ghetto traps” of America. Democrats argue that micro-managing the lives of its citizens through the Federal government, as opposed to State or Local governments, is the only way to keep up civil liberties. Democrats, specifically Senator John Kerry, have PUBLICLY stood against the first amendment, attempted to pass legislation regulating the free speech of dissenters, and finally asking the press to ignore the TEA party.
Democrats do not care about the lowly, the poor, or the destitute and President Barack Obama did not take his bus tour to the ghettos of this country that his Party created. The concept of distributive justice is completely lost on Democrats these days. It is, quite simply, viewed as a form of socialism or communism when in reality, it is a form of regulated local government help for those in need.
As an Independent voter, that does not support voting a straight ticket for the Republican or Democratic Parties, I am left to wonder what has happened to Democrats these days? Where is their integrity? What happened to social security? Where is the logic and reason behind increasing spending when you are broke? Where is the admission that Democrats have failed the American public in many of the same ways that the Republicans did before them? When are Democrats (as well as Republicans) going to treat the American public with adult conversations instead of childish denial and finger-pointing?