Dear Representative Mike Pence and Senator Richard Lugar,
I am writing to inform you that you have both lost my support for any political undertaking you attempt in the future because your voting records are no longer acceptable.
This is not meant to disrespect your opinion or your stance on any one particular issue. This is meant to inform you that neither of you are representing my family or myself on issues that we believe are of the utmost importance for the moral fiber and financial outlook of this country.
- Your votes to increase the debt ceiling under the false pretense that the United States would default on it’s creditors if it was not accomplish by August 2nd.
- Your silence about the REAL debt crisis; a credit downgrade that will leave my child’s generation with the problem YOU were unwilling to risk your political career for.
- Your inability to combat your progressive peers behind closed doors as well as in the face of the media.
- Your silence about the REAL effects of quantitative easing and the effect it’s having on the rest of the world’s economies and the U.S. dollar. Not to mention the currency war that is well underway.
- Your refusal to stop the war in Libya that remains unsanctioned by Congressional vote, yet remains funded.
- Your willingness to collectively bargain with Democrats to get NOTHING done.
- I have seen no “outrage” about the spending of the HHS during this entire debate and now we are providing abortions AND birth control for women through medicare and medicaid.
- I have not see the House introduce the FAIR tax.
- Your unresponsiveness to the Department of Commerce’s continued harassment and interrogation of my private information via the “American Community Survey”.
America has very real problems that will never be solved until our Congressional representatives can set aside politics, write up plans that make fiscal sense, and present them to the American people to choose from. The backdoor deals are no longer acceptable, the earmarks for State projects (except in cases of disaster) are no longer acceptable, the tax code is no longer acceptable, the unsanctioned war in Libya is no longer acceptable, duplicate federal departments are no longer acceptable, super-panels and sub-committees that do not produce results are no longer acceptable, Czars are no longer acceptable, and bargaining in good faith with people who call you and your constituency “terrorists” is no longer acceptable.
We, the TEA party, are engaged in a political war against the progressive assault on this country. We need generals who are outspoken, that can combat rhetoric with common sense, and provide a unified front to stop the seniority game in Washington. A game that you both seem to be actively participating in maintaining.
This letter is not written out of malice or spite, but to simply thank you for your service as an Indiana State Representative and to inform you that “you no longer offer any services that I require”.
Good luck with your governorship run Mr. Pence and dittos to you with your re-election campaign Senator Lugar. But somehow, I doubt that either of you will have an easy run.